Translate

Thursday, November 13, 2014

Joe Cross - King of Fat, sick and nearly dead 1 & 2

I have to say normally I do not plug for any one else. Selfishness and lack of social internet skills does that. Tonight, however sleep was eluding me. Perhaps the holidays bring up memories of trauma and drama. I got this email from Joe Cross. You have heard of him as the King of Juicing. He made the movies Fat, Sick and nearly dead 1 and now 2. When my wife and I watched it. We were moved. But our motivation fades with the stress created from working in a skilled nursing facility. But, I have kept juicing at least every other week as money allows. And I am working on building a sustainable environment for us. I hope to learn gardening so we can produce some of these crops to juice. What happened after I posted to his You tube site. He sent me an email. I needed that, desperately. We all have a story and we have to tell it. Joe Cross being a rich man I felt he was just wanting to sell juicers, but when we drank the juice recipes things changed. Working in the health care field we see many who have poor diets using the classic American food and lack of exercise theory. Now, we feed our elders the same things as before when they lived in their homes. I see money as an instrument for good or evil. And this situation makes me angry when we are fat telling others how to eat. Nursing care centers the food doesn't taste bad all the time but I have yet to see any real fruit offered, soups or juices that are healthy. We now have forced health insurance that has crushed so many. And angered millions. Joe Cross made a difference to me in my thinking and my body. I am still on a path and hope this year I will get more muscle and continue to trim off the fat. But when your living pay check to pay check food is tough to buy. Prices are crazy now. And so I will encourage all people to learn how to grow gardens to help supplement their families foods. May all of you have good health and less stress this holiday season. No matter where you are. Again, thanks to you Joe Cross for finding out the truth about food and sharing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment