Translate

Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Tardiness and failure to provide healthcare

Due to an error in judgement I was late to a Physical Therapy appointment by ten minutes. The lobby was empty. There were no other patients. The receptionist stated.

"By the time I get you warmed up, the nine o'clock appointment will be here. So we will need to reschedule."

Too tired to argue the point I left after being told they would call and reschedule.

Perhaps I am seeing the world from a viewpoint that others may not see. So I am left believing that my health care doesn't matter.

Health care is different than Health insurance. Health care is what we get when we seek medical attention for an injury or illness, and health insurance is a system we created to compensate those who provide that care. The issue for me is, and has always been. we do too little and charge incredibly high prices for services rendered and not rendered.

The deductible is listed at 1500/3000. Then I have to pay a copay of twenty five dollars each visit. Afterwards bills begin pouring in.  Currently we owe around ten thousand in medical costs.

The Affordable Care Act was nothing more than a forced insurance scam that has done nothing to improve services or cut cost.  Physicians are making record amounts of money. The insurance companies profits have sky rocketed into an unknown arena, where only the ultra rich have access to the best health care. Those who do not have that privilege are just screwed.

Back to the Physical therapy office: There were no other patients, all they do is turn a timer on and I warm my arms up by using a hand bicycle. Then I perform some of the exercise routines I was taught, then possibly a few shoulder stretches, and finally ice and a tens unit on another timer. For this they charge a whopping $350.00. or more. Guess they were never taught how to multi-task. Multi-tasking obviously is not something this office practices.Then returning home to a message informing me I will be charged for a, "no show appointment." I had to call and let them know I would not be paying any such fee, since they turned me away and there were no other patients.

Perhaps one day being late will be greeted with, lets get started. 

No comments:

Post a Comment