Translate

Friday, October 31, 2014

Pain in bones

Every body experiences pain in their lifetime. So we all understand when we get hurt what pain is. However, pain in your bones is something very different. This kind of pain wakes people up and causes many sleepless nights. With American medicine fighting drug addiction Physicians are having real pain patients sign papers to protect the facilities and the physician. These forms may specify no refills before 4 weeks or various time frames and allow for drug screenings to be performed regularly to rule out other drug usage. Which can be very confusing to the pain patient. While Doctors struggle to find ways to treat pain, bone pain is horribly under treated. Many medications cause such bad side effects hundreds of thousands have turned to marijuana. But does it really help pain or just numb the brain? Recently a physician told me our brains were wired for opioid's not pot. Working with people who have had cancer, HIV and other terminal disease I have witnessed their ability to function better after they smoked pot. However, I am concerned physicians are turning away from this medicine because of their personal views. Or, it could be because marijuana is illegal in America at the federal level. Which puts a licensed medical personal at risk of loosing their license. Medicine has long known marijuana has benefits. Federal law ought to catch up with society any day now for the greater good. So more real bone pain patients could find relief with their physicians help.

2 comments:

  1. I sure hope that the recent full bore press to not only make medical marijuana widely available, but also to ultimately legalize it, gains even more traction! I know bone pain intimately...I have been cursed with it since my childhood. Now that I am elderly, I have found many ways through nutrition which have helped me immensely, but I know from past experience with marijuana, that it not only helped with the pain, but took the cause of the pain away. Unfortunately, since I didn't want to be jailed, I had to forego the best medicine I ever had. Hope we will soon overturn this injustice which has been perpetrated on our society by the big Pharma corporations! Pain is debilitating and it doesn't need to be that way...Legalize!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for taking the time to read what I wrote. And I would like to say thanks for sharing about your pain. What caught my eye was the truth about being jailed you posted. Many people are so afraid they some times leave this natural medicine alone. Please continue to share your experiences they are important to so many. Happy Holidays to you and yours.

      Delete