Translate

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Universal Thinking

The question continues to run around inside of me. Now and again I share the idea with others. Some laugh, some just look at me in amusement. Others are curious.

Some time ago when I was a child. One evening late in summer a friend and I were looking at the sky. We were gazing and far off in the distance I saw the first glimpse. Lights seemed to bounce up and down from the ground to the sky. Not normal lights. No this was something we both became afraid of. Our fear turned to giggles then we told ghost stories for a while.

The next day I ask my friend about the lights. The response bothered me. "what lights". I felt my friend had surely lied to me. And now as an adult looking back. I realize my friend really had no memory of that moment.

Our fears create movies and books that spell doom and dread for the human race. Enslaved or killed we are always conquered. Sometimes we are victorious other times we are doomed. Humans have always had a love affair with space.

Even with this love affair we seem to be so far behind in regards to space travel. We spend millions and sometimes billions for bombs. Yet we know very little about space and the other planets.

With one company able to build ships that will take people up high enough to experience weightlessness. For a few thousand dollars. We have made our travels into space a Disney land.NASA has accepted millions to take some into space to the space station. While the rest of us sit here waiting for a chance to travel into the Universe. Are we creating a "rich only" attitude for space travel?

Some seem to fear the truth and others want to keep us locked into this planet. . We even seem bent on our destruction. Rather than our expansion into the Universe. My idea is not new. I am sure I am not the first to want to try it.
I believe in creating a Universal Space Program. An all volunteer program. Paid for by every nation in the world. All who enter space would sign wavers due to the reality the ships may break up or crash. The high risk of death would probably keep many from volunteering. Or perhaps we may be surprised.

We would need translators and many of us would need to learn each others languages. I believe the project could be done. Instead of a massive land grab. Perhaps Saudi Arabia could build this project. They have massive open land mass without rain to prevent ships from travel. Or Africa could host the project. Temperatures might be a problem or not.

I am not a scientist. My desire for space travel is purely selfish. I do belive there is life beyond humans and animals. I believe we were meant to expand into the universe not destroy this planet. Perhaps now is the time to organize and develop massive space travel program.

No comments:

Post a Comment